At this first stop on the tour, join SanDiego350 and local and state-wide allies in a panel discussion to learn about the fracking – climate connection, what’s happening in California, and what we can do to stop harmful “extreme extraction” of fossil fuels in our State.
- Peg Mitchell, SanDiego350, Fracking Team Leader
- Jose Bravo, Just Transitions, San Diego
- Martha Rocha Diaz, Tijuana Activist
- Joy Williams, Environmental Health Coalition
- Micah Mitrosky, IBEW Local 569
- David Braun, Americans Against Fracking
- Luis Favela, King-Chavez High School student
We’ll also talk about how we can mobilize hundreds of San Diegans to join thousands and thousands of Californians in Oakland on February 7th to bring this same message to Governor Jerry Brown.
Directions: Upon arrival at the address please enter the lobby through the door beneath the sign “King Chavez High School, Home of the Vaqueros”. Free street parking, parking for $5 in the ACE parking structure adjacent to the high school building, 3-hour free parking (with free validation) at Horton Plaza. The Orange Line stop at Civic Center Station is the trolley stop nearest the school.
This is just one stop on the California Crossroads tour. Other stops include Los Angeles, Ventura, San Luis Obispo, Kern County, San Benito and Oakland!