Become A Volunteer
Volunteer or intern for the SIMCenter, a research Institute with 30 years of history. Hundreds of U.S., international students and volunteers have served both GENI and the SIMCenter over the decades.
The GENI Initiative is endorsed by seven Nobel Peace Prize Laureates, including:
- former U.S. Vice President Al Gore
- his Holiness the Dalai Lama
- the Most Reverend Desmond Tutu, among others
General Information on the Traditional SIMCenter Internship
We have many projects at the SIMCenter. What is truly unique here is that your interests and talents shape the project you undertake. We have several broadly defined goals that come to reality through your individual interest skills.
Dates? Our program is flexible. We accept applications continuously.
Hours? These are also flexible. Most interns give 8-20 hours per work. Some work can be done off-site.
Credits? You may receive course credit from your university.
We accept applicants with backgrounds in:
- engineering (electrical, mechanical, civil, environmental)
- sustainability and economics
- international relations, conflict resolution
- website development using Drupal
- social marketing
- business management
Our net is broad, because the issues of sustainability, renewable energy and transmission are global issues that must be addressed from many different perspectives.
Why Intern or Volunteer
- Develop your skills and resume in a field that interests you
- Volunteering or interning at SIMCenter is a great way to enter into the growing fields of renewable energy, sustainability/resiliency, and Drupal website development
- Office location is convenient in San Diego's Mission Valley East, near to trolley and bus lines, with ample free on-street parking.
- Interact in a casual, positive environment with like-minded individuals.
- Make a difference in the world!
Please send a cover letter expressing your motivation, dates requested, any particular project interest, your language score, if not a native English speaker, and your resumé.
Fill Out the Form Below and Send Us Your Resumé As Well, Via Email, To: info @ geni.org